Skip To Section
Horse lovers all over the world are always on the lookout for Latin horse names. It’s a great way to find a name that is unique and has an interesting meaning behind it.
In this blog post, we will be going through 171 Latin horse names and their meanings!
Let’s dive in.
Best Latin Horse Names And Meanings
If you want your horse’s name to stand out from the crowd, then look no further. Our list of the best Latin horse names has everything you could dream of, from strong names like Stella to unusual and unique names like Mika, we have plenty of inspiration for you to get stuck into.
- Kamilla – Servant of the temple
- Alban – White, fair (Perfect for a white horse)
- Taurus – The Bull
- Dora – Gift, an abbreviation of Dorothy
- Mercedes – Merry
- Octavius – Eighth child
- Carrissa – Very dear
- Benecia – Blessed one
- Quies – Tranquility
- Agacia – Good
- Yulia – Young
- Rosabel – Beautiful rose
- Trinity – The holy three
- Gabriela – God’s able-bodied one
- Virdis – Young and budding
- Zaniel – Angel of Mondays
- Laurel – Symbolic of honor and victory
- Dionysia – God of Wine
- Perry – Foreigner, stranger, pilgrim, traveler, wanderer
- Irish – Bringer of joy
- Capricornus – The Sea-Goat
- Augustus – Majestic, magnificent
- Carly – Little, womanly
- Regine – Queen
- Minty – Protector
- Farrar – Blacksmith
- Templa – Sanctuary
- Caesar – King
- Jynx – Spell
- Mika – Gift from God
- Panya – Crowned in victory
- Ollie – Symbol of peace
- Deloros – From the seashore
- Amara – Beloved
- Ursa Minor – The little bear
- Modred – Brave counselor
- Lamia – Daughter of Poseidon
- Dextra – Adroit, skillful
- Equestris – Venus’ surname
- Jetta – Jet black
- Patti – 7th-century patron saint of Naples
- Stella – Star
- Serpens Cauda – Serpent’s tail
- Octavian – Someone who is always on the right path
- Nikki – The spirit of triumph
- Miksa – He who resembles God
- Fleda – A fast-moving, swift, and nimble-footed person
- Fauna – Lover of Hercules
- Befle – Beautiful, loving
- Vivian – Living, lively
- Calyce – Mother of Cycnus
- Gracie – Favour, blessing
- Hector – Anchor, steadfast
- Veta – Life
- Mabel – Beautiful, loving, lovable
Latin Horse Names For Males
Stallions are strong and wonderful animals, so it’s only right you give your Stallion a name to reflect that. There are many amazing Latin names, some of which date back to ancient Rome and the bible.
Your stallion’s name will stick with him throughout his life, so it’s important you go for something as amazing and powerful as he is.
- Thiago – Supplanter
- Isaias – Salvation of the Lord
- Pluto – Roman God of the underworld
- Belvedere – A beautiful sight
- Cornelius – Horn of plenty
- Prince – Chief
- Amadeo – Lover of God
- Milo – Soldier or merciful
- Maximus – Greatest
- Giuliano – Youthfulness, playfulness
- Justin – Fair, righteous
- Kato– Good judgment
- Benedict – Good, well-spoken
- Ace – One, unity
- Cassius – Hollow
- Xavier – The new house
- Marcello – Derived from Mars, the Roman God of war
- Titus – Title of honor
- Felix – Happy, fortunate
- Nero – Ancient Roman emperor
- Remus– Oar
- Adrian – Man of Adria
- Leviticus – Descendent of Levi
- Adamaris – Noble of the sea
- Atticus – From Attica
- Silas – Wood, forest
- Griffith – Strong lord
- Sage – Wise and knowing
- Bennett – Little blessed one
- Santiago – Saint James, patron saint of Spain
- Leo – Lion, ferocious, strong
- Vincent – Conquering
- Fabian – Bean grower
- Jude – Praised
- Dominic – Belonging to the lord
- Cecil – Sturdiness, sense of adventure
- Fons – Noble, honorable
- Grase – Blessed and beautiful
- Marcus – Warlike
- Dante – Everlasting
- Achillies – He who embodies the grief of the people
- Thiudoricus – First of the people, king of nations
- Zoroaster – Pure as the stars
- Oceanus – Personification of the Ocean
- Patroclus – Glory of the father
- Justus – Just, fair
- Kantus – Knot
- Ludo – Famous warrior
- Evander – Good man
- Fulvius – Yellow
- Georgius – Earth worker, farmer
- Herbertus – Bright army
- Maximo – The greatest of men
- Zoilos – One who is vivacious
- Montel – Little mountain
- Alastor – (A black horse owned by Hades)
Latin Horse Names For Females
Finding the perfect Latin name for your female horse can be difficult. With a number of stunning options out there, it can be hard to choose. Your horse’s name will stick with her throughout her long life, so it’s important you go for one that shows her personality and temperament.
- Gemmula – Little jewel
- Mirandus – Wonderful, magnificent
- Pollux – Name of a mythical twin
- Mia – Beauty, beloved, mine
- Tracy – Fearless warrior
- Sabrina – Boundary line
- Regina – One who is queen
- Natalie – One who is born on Christmas day
- Plena – Abundant or complete
- Valeria – Strength and health
- Zerlina – Gorgeous, dawn
- Neonella – Beautiful, cute girl
- Marina – Woman of the sea
- Aitamah – She who is helpful
- Delicia – Delightful one, the person who gives pleasure
- Katharina – The pure and true one
- Beatriu – Travel through life
- Medusa – A cunning female, protector
- Primina – Firstborn, little one
- Loryn – One who is from the bay
- Gladys – Sword
- Julee – Jove’s child
- Challita – The most beautiful of all
- Adamaris – Noble of the sea
- Cand – On who dazzles bright light a glowing light
- Filisia – One who is happy
- Maybelle – A woman who is easy to love
- Resa – Laughter, harvester, guardian
- Salva – A wise young girl
- Titania – Queen of the fairies
- Veronica – She who brings victory, true image
- Challita – The most beautiful of them all
- Floretta – Made of flowers
- Klara – The clear and bright one
- Marcee – A woman who is a warrior
- Nonnie – Creator of the new world
- Crystina – Follows Jesus
- Tulia – Boundary of beauty
- Valentyna – Strong, healthy and brave
- Reneta – Dignified and young woman
- Selena – Goddess of the moon
- Crystina – Follows Jesus
- Prosper – Fortune, Roman goddess
- Latonia – Goddess, mother of Apollo
- Maricris – One who swims in the sea of sorrow
- Lefquenn – Darling and beautiful
- Genesia – Newcomer to family or society
- Aurele – Gold haired
- Dahlia – Dwells in the valley
- Antionette – Flourishing, praise, priceless
Horse Name Inspiration
Horse names can be found everywhere, from books and movies to mythology and everyday life. Some horse owners might choose a name based on their horse’s personality, while others may select a moniker with historical significance or personal meaning. No matter where your horse’s name comes from, it’s important that it fits the horse well.
One popular source for horse names is Greek mythology. Horse owners might consider naming their horse after a character from this ancient lore. For instance, Poseidon was the god of the sea, and his horse name could be perfect for a water-loving steed. Other Greek gods with powerful equine counterparts include Apollo, Hermes, and Zeus.
If you’re looking for a more traditional horse name, there are plenty of options to choose from. For instance, consider breeds such as the Morgan horse, which was named after General Daniel Morgan, or the Clydesdale, named for the Scottish river Clyde. Other popular horse names include Blaze, Mustang, and Raven.
No matter where you find your horse’s name inspiration, it’s important that the horse name fits your horse. Therefore, it’s critical that you spend time thinking about what words and phrases resonate with you before deciding on a horse name.
Help Choosing The Right Name
Here are some tips to help you choose the right horse name.
1. Consider Your Horse’s Personality
When you’re picking a name for your horse, it’s important to find one that fits their personality. If your horse is spunky and full of energy, consider names like Bolt or Blaze. If they’re more laid back, try something like Misty or Storm.
2. Think About What You Want Your Pet To Be Called
Do you want them to have a show name and a barn name? Or just one name? There are no rules here, so pick whatever you think sounds best!
3. Be Creative And Have Fun With It!
If you find a couple of names that you like try combining them to make something new! Or, if you want to use a name that’s already been taken, add or subtract a letter or two and make it your own.
The most important thing is to have fun with it! Picking the right name for your horse is an important decision, but it should also be enjoyable. So relax and take your time, and you’ll find the perfect name in no time.
4. Avoid Names That Are Offensive Or Too Long
When naming your horse, avoid offensive names or ones that are too long. You’ll also want to make sure the name is easy to say and spell.
Some good horse names include Blaze, Smokey, Star, Pepper, and Misty. These names are all easy to say and spell, and they’re not too long or offensive.
5. Make Sure Your New Name Is Unique So You Don’t Confuse Them With Other Pets In The House
One of the most important things to consider when picking a new name for your pet is making sure that it doesn’t sound too similar to other pets in your house. This can be confusing for everyone and can lead to some frustrating mix-ups.
So, take the time to choose a unique moniker for your furry friend and avoid any potential naming mishaps.
6. Pick A Name That Suits Their Size, Breed, Or Coloration Because They’ll Probably Respond Better To It If It Sounds Like Their Own Kind
Be sure to pick a name reflecting your horse’s breed, size, or coloration. For example, naming a horse “Buddy” because it’s an American Quarter Horse will probably work better than calling it “Spot.”
You may be surprised how much your horse responds to being called by name – they really do seem to know who they are!
Tip: If you are struggling to come up with a name on your own, there are plenty of horse name generators online to help you out.
If you’re struggling to name your horse, this article has plenty of Latin names for horses with meanings and personality types. The most important thing is to pick a unique name that suits their size or breed so they’ll respond better.
If you need help coming up with the perfect moniker for your furry friend, there are online generators that can help! So take some time to find just the right fit – it’s an important decision but should be enjoyable too!
If you’re still looking for more inspiration, check out these awesome lists of horse names!